Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It's Super Duper Tuesday


This snail, carrying its broken but regenerating shell like a hand-lettered picket sign, cruised boldly across the porch as a reminder to anyone paying attention that what has been hurt can be healed, what has been torn in pieces can be put together, what was dysfunctional can be imagined into something better, what was crushed can be built up again, even by a mollusk (given enough available calcium).

If you haven't already done so, read up on the candidates and issues and VOTE, dammit.

And have a super Tuesday.


Thanks to Cindy and her series on the healing process of snail shells.

Much later on, same day:

So I volunteered to work the polls this election. My curiousity and a sense of duty led me to do it. I had my lunch packed the night before; my carefully selected non-partisan outfit laid out, too, so there was no reason to wake up at 4:30 am except I was too nervous to sleep. It turned out to
be a crazy, aggravating, encouraging, pathetic, fun and funny experience. It has made me more than I was before; it has in a way helped begin to mend my broken shell.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Here's to all the tough little garden pests that heal their wounds so they can continue to eat our plants!!

Nice to see your blog again.

and yes, I voted.