Search This Blog

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Full Circle for Leaf footed Bugs


The first Leptoglossus zonata bug I ever saw was on the myrtus communis by my front fence, next to the gate that isn't there. People other than me never enter at this non-existent gate into my garden, even though it's not there; maybe the suggestion of a gate becomes the most effective barrier. Anyway, that original lonesome leaf-footed bug must have found a partner I never saw and the two apparently went on to procreate the bugs that have colonized the pomegranate tree, the opuntia cactus pears; they've even sniffed at the senna artemisioides pods on their way back to the mother myrtle.

This one has met its doom in the fangs of a bold jumping spider, Phidippus audax, passing through the gate that isn't there at the end of its small hopefully reproductive life and becoming spider.

No comments: