Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Long Lizard












I found this alligator lizard, Elgaria multicarinata, in a pink enamel basin set near the door to my office. The lizard was unusually perfect from the tip of its snout to the tip of its long tail. ; the basin is well-worn and scratched, destined to become a planter one of these days. I do believe this is the lizard that lives part-time in Mr. Cardui's office, lurking in the rough wood crevices eating spiders and such.

The basin-bound lizard struggled to get a claw-hold on the enamel surface in an effort to escape (how'd it get in?). I tipped the basin at a 45 angle so it could crawl out on its own time while we weren't watching.

1 comment:

Christine said...

He's beautiful! Makes me want to sprinkle my garden with pink enamel basins and a little wishful thinking...